Monday 23 February 2009

....and finally for tonight

After looking at so many blogs over the last few months, including the challenges, I have realised I don't think 'out of the box' or outside my comfort zone when it comes to cards. I have pads and pads of gorgeous cards and papers and rarely get them out; partly because as the pads come out, inspiration flies right out of the window and also due to the fact I look at them, admire them and put them back thinking I can't possibly cut into such lovely card and paper. As a consequence I now have more than enough to open up my own craft shop so, it's time to use some of it. Putting all these things together - challenge - comfort zone - inspiration and the need to try something different, I had a dabble with this one. Chalked the image of Twinkle with shimmer chalks; added Glamour Dust to her boa and a few gems for the bling factor and a touch of hand doodling round the edges. Matted onto nestie circles and then onto K&Co paper. Even the ribbon finish is different for me - I would have normally gone for a subtle pink but decided to have one that would 'pop' out and finally finished with a craftwork cards greeting flower, also chalked. The insert is a Funky Daze paper.
Although its nice to get complimentary comments; I would appreciate a critique from you clever ladies who seem to rattle them off for challenges in the blink of an eye - how could I have improved it please?

1 comment:

Irene said...

Another gorgeous card, Linda love the colours.

luv
irene
xxxx